This is a software development position. The successful candidate will be a part of the team building the next generation of rich media content management, delivery platform for Reuters news agency. The job requires a strong computer science background, ability to work with minimal supervision, strong software development discipline, ability to learn and apply new technologies, and ability to work on a team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Software Development.
- Communicating with local and foreign stake holders and business.
- Production problem resolution.
Required skills or knowledge:
- Expert knowledge/Experience with Java
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Apache httpd or other HTTP servers
- Experience with Tomcat or other web containers
- Experience with Linux/Shell script
- Experience with a versioning system (e.g., Git/ SVN/CVS )
- Both good written and spoken English are required
Desired skills or knowledge:
- Good Knowledge of Linux Kernel is a big plus
- Good Knowledge of HTML/HTML5/CSS and Web page design is a big plus.
- Experience with functional programming language is a big plus (e.g., Python, Clojure, Scala, Erlang)
- Experience with docker container is a big plus.
- Experience with Cloud development is a big plus.
- Experience with Agile development is a big plus.
- Experience with distributed computing, big data processing and NoSQL databases is a plus
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage.We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
北京市 海淀区 海淀区 东北旺西路8号中关村软件园15号方舟大厦