Technical Lead for Mechanical/Thermal Engineering.
What you’ll be doing
• Derive technical architecture and requirements for mechanical systems and sub-systems, and PCBA for automotive environment.
• Lead design decisions with engineering calculations, research, and experimentation.
• Drive ME best practices through the product development cycle of design/build/validation.
• Conduct reviews on design and documentation of CAD and analysis (modal, frequency response, FEA, CFD) and validation plans to ensure reliability, manufacturability and serviceability.
• Effectively communicate across cross functional teams to achieve results.
• Manage a team of Mechanical Engineer individual contributors and take responsibility for their growth and success.
• Support team level objectives as well as individual.
• Work concurrently in multifunctional team such as HW, Sensors, MFG, and Integration
• Experience with CAE/CAD tools, design revision control, and Product Lifecycle Management systems
What we need to see
• Must have excellent working knowledge of mechanical engineering and design principles in design for manufacturing, sheet metal, injection molding, welding and casting, electrical interconnect systems, and vibration control.
• Strong foundation in thermal design for electronics. A thorough understanding of heat transfer using heat sink, heat pipes, vapor chambers, fans, blowers, and liquid cooling.
• Individual should possess strong ability to understand competing relationship between thermal, mechanical, electrical, and power requirements.
• Design experience in:
• Complex electro-mechanical systems
• Ruggedized designs and Structure/Vibration analysis
• Liquid cooling design experiences
• Thermal design and CFD
• Tolerance Analysis
• Proficient in 3D solid modeling CAD. Strongly prefer Solidworks
• Manage outside resources including consultants, suppliers and overseas manufacturing partners. Occasional travel required.
• MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field, 10+ years of experience or equivalent in automotive electronics mechanical packaging