Role Summary/Purpose: Software Development Engineer responsible for medical software applications and software platform development.
1. Service feature development. Design service features to meet service requirement. Service features include hardware diagnostics, system alignment, calibration and so on.
2. Digital program development. Cloud based application for machine connection. Data collection, data analysis, trouble shooting suggestion.
3. CT SW development and testing process automation. Design and implementation to improve design and testing efficiency.
4. Design, develop and extend current products’ software applications and platform while adopting up-to-date technologies to re-invent software applications and platform.
5. Determine product requirement and specifications interacting with stakeholders (marketing, application expert, clinical application specialist, System Engineer etc)
6. Develop software interacting closely with global software engineering team.
7. Leverage software reliability adopting modern testing methodologies and software development methodologies (agile etc).
Qualifications/Requirements: 1. BS or Higher Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Automation, Biomedical engineering or related engineering field
2. 5 years or more experience in software development.
3. Excellent Java and/or C++ programming skill. Good programming skill in at least two programming languages.
4. Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as ClearCase.
5. Good communication skill in English and Chinese.
6. Strong analytical skills, knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Software Design Patterns
7. Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks. Finish work independently.
8. Continuously measures deliverables of self against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
9. Strong willingness and capability to learn new things fast.
10. Apply principles of SDLC, Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
11. Be an expert in writing code that meets standards to deliver software functionality in CT systems
12. Understand application performance.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
1. Experience with Unix / Linux based platforms and C/C++, Java, Java Script, HTML programming skills
2. Experience with script bash/csh/perl/python etc.
3. Experience with virtual machine and container application development is preferred.
4. Experience with web server and client architecture application development is plus.
5. Familiar with Linux OS installation and configuration is preferred.
6. Familiar with Matlab tools is plus.
7. Experience with image processing is preferred.
8. Artificial intelligence knowledge, auto test skills and experience are preferred.
9. Experience working in complex software development projects
10. Experience in all steps of the software development cycle and knowledge of configuration management tools. Medical device software development experience. SDLC knowledge is plus.
11. Experience in Agile is preferred
12. Coordinate ability and lead capability are preferred.